Our wonderful Project Manager, Oliver Chamberlain, has retired (sort of). He’ll still be our guide and mentor, but we need a new Project Manager to take us through all the steps involved in building four new living units here at Brincliffe House. Please think about people who may be able to do this job for us. Sjare with other networks if you can.
Here are some of the job details:
On the Brink Cohousing Community Ltd (OTB) wishes to contract a Project Manager (PM) to assist in its second phase new build cohousing development at Brincliffe House, Osborne Road, Sheffield. The first phase involved the refurbishment of Brincliffe House and the building of a new Coach House totalling 12 new living units. The current proposed new build programme is for a further four new build living units over the next 2 years. More information about the organisation can be found here: https://onthebrink.community/
To view the current planning application on Sheffield City Council planning portal follow this link: https://bit.ly/2U5Mxaf
The PM tasks envisaged are:
- Conducting site and project feasibility analyses
- Advising On the Brink regarding hiring and managing consultants (as our agent)
- Facilitating the planning process
- Negotiating investment instruments and loan finance
- Selecting and advising on hiring the main (general) contractor(s) for construction (as an agent) and in partnership with the lead design consultant
- Together with already contracted bookkeeper providing financial reporting in respect of construction work and overall project
- Supporting individual members and processes, as appropriate (e.g. individual discussions, meetings, communication as required)
- Any other appropriate roles / tasks that arise, with the agreement of all parties
The proposed consultancy day rate is £275 / day. (Includes all local travel time). Workload will vary but assume a maximum of half to one day / week average as required during the period of development. PM to keep record and confirm any major changes.
Please download the application form to apply from this link: https://bit.ly/2FONXCa
Completed application forms should be returned to AejazOTB@gmail.com with Project Manager Application as your subject header. The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 17th February 2019